Cape Banks FHS Inc. is a member of the following organisations:
We aim to assist local residents in tracing their family trees and in discovering who their ancestors were and where they lived, worked and played.
We cater for people who are researching their ancestors both here in Australia and overseas.
Through our meetings, workshops, guest speakers, and the wide range of resources and records at our well equipped Resource Library, which includes:
- Pioneer Indexes (Births, Deaths & Marriages) for NSW, Qld, Vic, Tas & WA
- Indexes to Births Deaths & Marriages for all Australian States & Territories
- Indexes to Births Deaths & Marriages for New Zealand
- NSW Probate Index
- Convict Index & Convict Shipping Indents
- Various Census & Musters
- International Genealogical Index (England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, Netherlands, N.Z., Australia & more)
- Assisted Immigration Index
- Bounty Index
- and many other resources.
Our Resource collection is constantly growing to meet members’ needs and interests. Begin a fascinating hobby today or even consider becoming a member. Our experienced researchers will help you get started and to keep researching. Cape Banks also has a number of publications which may also be of interest. See also our links to other family history societies and genealogy sites.
113A Paine Street, Maroubra, NSW
Monday, Wednesday & Saturday 1.00pm to 4.00pm. Closed Public Holidays. Experienced researchers are on duty to assist you.
Our monthly meetings are held at the Vonnie Young Auditorium, Level 1, Bowen Library, 669-673 Anzac Parade, Maroubra on the second Friday of each month at 7.00pm.
PO Box 67, Maroubra, NSW 2035 Australia
February 2017 Meeting:
On Friday 10th February, 2017, Cape Banks FHS Inc. will have, as its guest speaker, Peter Carney – Coogee Surf Life Saving Club Life Member, talking to our members about the “110 Years of Coogee Surf Life Saving Club”.