Membership of Cape Banks FHS Inc. is from 1st October to 30th September the following year.
New members joining after the Beginners Workshop, in April, May or June, are charged half-price membership and postage rates.
New members joining in July, August or September each year are charged the full membership and postage rates, but renewal of membership is not required until 1st October the following year (ie 15 months membership if joining in July, 14 months membership if joining in August or 13 months membership if joining in September all for 12 month price).
Benefits of Membership
- Receive a New Member Kit containing a handbook, information on resources, and blank pedigree and family group charts.
- Participate in family history beginner’s classes and problem-solving workshops.
- Attend our monthly general meeting where we have interesting speakers on a wide range of family history and genealogical subjects.
- Opportunity to attend monthly special interest groups such as the UK Interest Group, Writers Circle and Discussion Group (which is held bi-monthly).
- You receive four issues per year of our award-winning journal Kith & Kin containing interesting articles and all the latest family history news, library acquisitions and new sources.
- You receive seven Newsletters per year providing details of upcoming society events, Librarian Roster, website links, etc.
- Free use of our Research Library with experienced volunteer librarians to assist you in using its extensive library of books, CDs, and microfiche indexes with free access to the internet.
- You can borrow books and exchange journals from our library.
- Opportunity to participate in a range of activities such as our annual Christmas party, trips to places of interest and research repositories.
- Submit your surname and convict interests for publication on our website.
|Joining Fee per person (new member(s) only)||$5.00|
|Postage for Journal & Newsletter||$20.00|
|Postage of Journal only & Email PDF copy of Newsletter||$8.00|
|Overseas Membership (incl. air mail postage)||$55.00|
All prices are quoted in Australian dollars. Postal Address:
For further information E-mail: Membership Secretary
Updated 1st September 2022
Payments by Direct Deposit
Bank: Commonwealth Bank
Account Name: Cape Banks Family History Society Inc.
Account No: 00906869
Reference: Your Membership Number (if unknown then use your name). If paying by Direct Deposit, please email confirmation of payment to the society.